Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Love Story

Something to think about...

Once upon a time, there was an islandwhere all the feelings lived; happiness,sadness, knowledge, and all the others,including love.One day, it was announced to all of thefeelings, that the island was going tosink to the bottom of the ocean. So allof the feelings prepared their boats toleave. Love was the only one that stayed.She wanted to preserve the island until the lastpossible moment.When the island was almost totally underwater, love decided it was time to leave.She began looking for someone to ask forhelp.Just then, 'Richness' was passing by in agrand boat.Love asked, "Richness, can I come withyou on your boat?" Richness answered,"I'm sorry, but there is a lot of silverand gold on my boat and there would be noroom for you anywhere."Then Love decided to ask 'Vanity' forhelp, who was passing in a beautifulvessel.Love cried out, "Vanity, help meplease." "I can't help you", Vanity said,"You are all wet, and will damage mybeautiful boat."Next, Love saw 'Sadness' passing by. Lovesaid, " Sadness, please let me go withyou." Sadness answered, "Love, I'm sorry,but, I just need to be alone now."Then, Love saw 'Happiness'.Love criedout, "Happiness, please take me withyou." But Happiness was so overjoyed,that he didn't hear Love calling to him.Love began to cry. Then, she heard avoice saying, "Come Love, I will take youwith me." It was an old man. Love felt soblessed and overjoyed, that she forgot toask the old man his name.When they arrived on land, the old manwent on his way. Love realized how muchshe owed the old man.Love then found 'Knowledge' and asked,"Who was it that helped me?""It was Time", Knowledge answered. "Butwhy did Time help me when no one elsewould?", Love asked. Knowledge smiled andwith deep wisdom and sincerity, answered,"Because only Time is capable ofunderstanding how great Love is."

No comments: